iNSTANT HEAT UPDATE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
WOW....so I had to get a ton of Instant heat. So I am burning these right now instead of the barefoot I have. Years ago when I burned these they didn't burn all that great. I still see crap reviews on them. I don't know if I have a few good bags or what, but these things are heating me out in my Englander stove on #2. I would say these are better than the barefoot right now.
Now just trying to get heat upstairs...

I burned them last year, and liked them. I'll get them again when these Lignetics dustmakers are gone.

interesting.. I burned these a couple of years back.. hated them. found their heat output to be low.
Just goes to show you that... quality of pellets fluctuate quite a bit year to year :/

Guy I work with bought a ton last spring and he liked them over the powerhouse and stove chow he was burning.

I can't find any in my area, Lowes has mostly Inferno's(wonder why?=yuk) and HD has Firesides. TSC has lots and lots of green supreme's.

Just picked up 2 bags of Indeck Energy Premiums from my local TSC here in NE PA. $214/ton or about $4.28/bag. Gonna test burn them in the next day or two. Currently only buring Presto-Logs so I can't really compare any as its my first year. Plus its for my garage, so long as the thing lights up and produces heat, I consider it "ok".

I see that my local HD has got Presto-Logs in again, price went up from $197/ton to $209/ton.

The only thing that I am finding on these Instant Heat is that they are very dusty. I guess I can deal with that as long as the heat is there.

chrisasst said:
.....I guess I can deal with that as long as the heat is there.
It's all about the heat, Chris. It's all about the heat.

I grabbed a ton at my local TSC back in the fall, at that point they were $204 and I figured even at that price if they were awful I could use them as shoulder season pellets. I must say the heat is decent, ash is about average. The one thing I get alot of is carbon buildup, HARD thick carbon that is tough to get off, and clinkers. All in all, they burn pretty good in my Harman. Now my local TSC has Lignetics with the blue lettering and white bag for $214 per ton, mayb grab a few bags to try, otherwise I will be getting either a ton of Northerns or Vermonts.

Status
Not open for further replies.