Instant Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw520

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
Modena
I brought these home with a chit eating grin on my face because my TSC just got 2 trailers and has them for 209,... ...until I started reading the reviews on here,....:(

Attachments

• 1211121421.jpg
    1211121421.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 136
Friend at work has been burning them and says not half bad(a bit more ash-Decent heat). Give em a chance and toss em in. Let us know what you think

Unfortunately, their well-deserved nickname is "Instant heat-less". Not too far above Infernos.

I burned them two seasons ago, and they were very good. But two years ago is forever in the pellet industry.

I burned these last year, good heat and ok amount of ash. For $209/ton I would buy again, I paid $197 last year.

Conclusion; I filled the hopper last night,. stove was set at 1-3 with the Powerhouse pellets,.. I had to bump the setting up to 2-3 to get comparable heat indicated by two Rutland Thermometers, (250-300 degree range), this morning the ash is very manageable (not as much as GS or GT, but not as little as Sets) One very peculiar thing about these pellets,.... absolutely NO aroma,... I literally stuck my head in the bag and cant smell a thing.:(

One very peculiar thing about these pellets,.... absolutely NO aroma,... I literally stuck my head in the bag and cant smell a thing.
The good thing is that you tried to smell them. It is so important! I will never walk past a broken pallet in the warehouse or on an inbound truck and not puck up a handfull and just smell them. And I dont just mean some petite little "sniff" either.....I'm talking "big exhale before the big inhale"" type sniff, as If I am enjoying the bouquet of a fine malbec or pinot noir.

And I dont just mean some petite little "sniff" either....

I hear ya,.... sometimes it takes a handful,.. stuffed forceably to the face !!!!

Oh ,..and one last conclusion on the Instant Heat,... a 40 bag lasted me nearly 20 hrs! ,.. never had that from any other pellet !,.. but the lack of heat seems to take away the desire,...and its probably that reason that the hotter pellets are always the crowd favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.