Instructions for the stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What kind of instruction came with your stove?

• paper copy of installation and cleaning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • some other combination of those

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teetah222

Feeling the Heat
Oct 11, 2009
WA state
So my stove came with a paper manual that had the installation and cleaning directions; and also a video of how to do the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly cleaning, and I was just curious how the rest of you got those instructions. Oddly enough the video included a section on "open the hopper and pull the instruction book and video out before you continue" Kind of one of those :-/ moments because, if I hadn't already done that, how could I be watching the video?

I chose other.

My Omega came with an owners manual and the Technical manual. There is a instructional video set on line.

Paper and video instruction came with the unit. In addition, the tech that installed the unit went over everything while he was still here. As I was installing a remote t-stat, he wired that up and made sure that it was working properly. I had already run the wire and had it sticking out of the wall but he wired it up. Paper instruction manual came in handy as the town building inspector needed to see it to make sure that the clearances were ok.

None... bought the stove used. I got installation tips from the dealer and a checklist for their inspection... I used the checklist as my installation manual.

krooser said:
None... bought the stove used. I got installation tips from the dealer and a checklist for their inspection... I used the checklist as my installation manual.
Wouldn't have dreamed of buying used, especially without a manual. I'm handy, but I need directions. :)

"None" didn't even occur to me as you can tell.

Haubera said:
krooser said:
Wouldn't have dreamed of buying used, especially without a manual. I'm handy, but I need directions. :)

"None" didn't even occur to me as you can tell.

My dealer is pretty good about this stuff...I asked a lot of questions from the sales guy plus the service dept. My biggest concern was poking the hole thru the wall and getting both sides to be in the same place! But it worked fine.

I used to be hesitant to do new stuff but after remodeling the kitchen/bath (twice) in 22 years (which included knocking out two walls and installing load bearing beams) and buying a 1500 sq. ft. pole building, taking it apart, and resetting it on my lot I guess nothing really scares me now... except now I'm too old and decrepit to do much of that stuff anymore.

Over the years I've done my own heating/ac work, all my electrical stuff, etc... poverty forces a person to be creative!

The first stove I bought was the Avalon Astoria, and i got it as a "dealer display unit - used". It didn't have any owners manual, but it was readily available online at the Travis site. I also managed to find a "service manual"....very handy.

My Englander 10-cpm came with full owners manual (paper) AND video CD.

Anything else that those didn't cover was easily found out by calling Mike H. & his tech line crew....I have a separate sheet of paper with all that info stapled to the front of my manual.

None. My stove came with the house and there were no manuals to be had. And it's not like Harman puts very much helpful information on old stoves on their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.