Insul-Flue Thimble?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it say that you can CONNECT single or double wall to it. Not pass it thru it.

message sent....

Before the manufacturer replies, what do y'all think? A single wall stove pipe through a Insul-Flue thimble? yes or no?

Your gut tells you NO! but the manufacturer seems to say yes......

I don't see why not. They show it as stainless steel pipe that you need to run through it. My basement stove is a single ply SS liner running trough a a clay thimble. Of course it is contained in a concrete block wall.

I was going to vote YES because I already knew it to be true for a fact. I guess you got your answer first though.

Duravent has a near copy of that item, except theirs has a chunk of single wall pre-installed in it and is made to connect to Duravent pipe. This BDM product is more universal looking, as it has a "sleeve" pre-installed.

It is the safest way to pass thru a combustible wall into an old masonry flue. You can then connect to an insulated liner or *gasp* just dump it into the masonry flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.