Insulating batt for flue baffle (Regency)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~smokey~

Sep 25, 2013
I was wondering about the purpose and importance of the insulating batt placed on top of the flue baffle and held down with weights on my Regency medium R3/R9 woodstove.

I just bought this stove which is a 1988 model so I'm not surprised to find the batt missing, but I also couldn't find any IMG_5040.JPG hold down weights when I cleaned the stove, maby it never had the batt installed ? I've also read in the Regency instruction manual the use of a liner brick on top of the flue baffle so I'm not sure which should be used on this stove, any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.