Insulating Blanket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper698

Feb 25, 2007
On the older Jotul 602, is there supposed to be an insulating blanket on top of the burn plate? Also what is the
purpose of the blanket if there is?

There were no blankets in the old 602. Probably wouldn't hurt to have one on top of the baffle plate, though.

In my Morso 3610 it helps keep the heat inside the firebox so you cna get a good secondary burn going. Mine was packed solid with ash by the end of the year and was choking my exhaust so I removed it and couldn't evne get the stove body up to a couple hundred degrees.

Check online for an exploded parts diagram for your stove and if you see a blanket there you probably need one.

mayhem, the old 602 is pre-EPA, noone was putting ceramic blankets in their stoves back then...

Status
Not open for further replies.