Insulating space behind and above Regency Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haston

Feb 21, 2006
Would there be any advantage/disadvantage to filling the space behind, beside, and on top of my Regency i3100 insert that sits in a fairly large hearth? I was thinking of using kaowool. H.

You do not want to insulate around the unit. It will cause it to overheat plus combustion air is pulled in at the sides

Thank you both for the input. I'll look into where the Regency pulls in its outside air and see if I can increase the insulation and (perhaps) efficiency around that concern. This is for an interior chimney, so it may not be worth the effort. By the way staah, thanks for bringing this thread back from several pages deep in the forum. All best. H

Status
Not open for further replies.