Insulation around my insert - Safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningBrutus

Oct 24, 2013
Amherst, NY
Hi, on my Pacific Energy Super insert i wanted to put Roxul on the sides and behind it. I have about 2-3 inch's behind and about 2 inch's to a flair out on the sides. Is it safe if the Roxul is tight and touching the stove walls behind and on the sides. Please see pics. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• open 1.jpg
    open 1.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 170
  • open 2.jpg
    open 2.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 172
Yes, i forgot to mention it is installed in a zero clearance fireplace, i know, i know.

Ask PE i would tell you to ask the fireplace manufacturer to but i doubt they will give you any advice other that not to put an insert in their unit.

Roxul itself is good to over 2000ºF. Touching should not be a problem for the Roxul but I have no idea if that means it is not a problem for your insert. They make assumptions about how well the insert loses heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.