insulation labor cost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tronsliver

Jun 25, 2013
United States
I have a 20 foot chimney with a 6 inch stainless steel flue pipe from the stove to the top cap connecting a fireplace insert. The old clay flu liner in approximately 12 inches so there is plenty of room. Can someone give me the going price to install 1/2 inch insulation around the pipe from top to bottom. (straight shot) Chimney is 5 foot above the peak on a standard one story ranch. I'm only interested in the labor cost. The pipe will have to be removed, insulated, then installed again. The pipe was installed two weeks ago but we're having a draft issue.

Thanks

What about putting in a block-off plate and pouring vermiculite or perlite around the liner?

I have a 20 foot chimney with a 6 inch stainless steel flue pipe from the stove to the top cap connecting a fireplace insert. The old clay flu liner in approximately 12 inches so there is plenty of room. Can someone give me the going price to install 1/2 inch insulation around the pipe from top to bottom. (straight shot) Chimney is 5 foot above the peak on a standard one story ranch. I'm only interested in the labor cost. The pipe will have to be removed, insulated, then installed again. The pipe was installed two weeks ago but we're having a draft issue.

Thanks
Chimney guy just left my house for a quote on 4" 2-story central chimney for insert install... $310 to insulate the pipe.

This job should only take about 2 hours or less. I am guessing labor would be about $300 tops. But the insulation would need to be bought also. Have you considered doing this job yourself?

This job should only take about 2 hours or less. I am guessing labor would be about $300 tops. But the insulation would need to be bought also. Have you considered doing this job yourself?
Ahhhh....$1000 for piping & labor plus $310 to insulate. I went with a package deal from the stove dealer.... the stove dealer puts on a block plate at the damper and seals the cap - no need for insulation - cost was $475 for @ 25'.

Status
Not open for further replies.