Insurance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batn2balls

Jul 17, 2008
Missouri
I was just curious and contacted my insurance carrier about installing a pellet stove in my double wide mobile home I live in. They told me I had to provide the install instructions, a copy of the installers certification, and that it had to be installed according to the install instructions. They would also have to come and take pictures of the install after it was done.

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Pictures yes, and plan on being inspected for building codes... Electric, detectors, doors and locks... generally, things you may never have heard of.

Had my insurance guy out last week, he took measurments and needed to see the manual to make sure that it had been safety tested and what Laboratory had done the testing. He also took pic's both inside and out, as long as all the clearance are met you should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.