1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batn2balls

Batn2balls New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    I was just curious and contacted my insurance carrier about installing a pellet stove in my double wide mobile home I live in. They told me I had to provide the install instructions, a copy of the installers certification, and that it had to be installed according to the install instructions. They would also have to come and take pictures of the install after it was done.

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Red Sun

Red Sun New Member

Loc:
    Western Maine
    Pictures yes, and plan on being inspected for building codes... Electric, detectors, doors and locks... generally, things you may never have heard of.
  3. wingra

wingra New Member

Loc:
    Badger land
    Had my insurance guy out last week, he took measurments and needed to see the manual to make sure that it had been safety tested and what Laboratory had done the testing. He also took pic's both inside and out, as long as all the clearance are met you should be OK.
  4. pelletwood

pelletwood Member

Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Our agent is also coming out to take pictures and our insurance will increase $50.00 per year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.