insuring pellet stove in Michigan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alisa1965

Jul 27, 2014
Michigan
My pellet stove is installed but found out that my insurance company won't cover it. I am looking for a new company in Michigan. Anyone have any ideas of a company that will cover without cost or low cost (and hopefully a manufactured home).

I use Liberty Mutual. I don't know what the codes are where you live but here I was required to pull a permit for the installation and have it inspected once the work was complete.

My pellet stove is installed but found out that my insurance company won't cover it. I am looking for a new company in Michigan. Anyone have any ideas of a company that will cover without cost or low cost (and hopefully a manufactured home).
Auto owners is who insures me in Michigan.Extra $40 per year for the pellet stove.

FYI no extra cost with Liberty Mutual

I have Farm Bureau

I have Safeco insurance for home and cars. There is no upcharge for pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.