intek 13.0 engine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have this engine on my DR brush cutter
1690202218936.jpeg

While running it the fuel bowl came loose , and I have not seen this type of bowl retainer .
51uNQdGqO7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I'm use to a bolt etc... is it just a spin on doohickey ?
How is this secured ?

Looks like the bowl itself is secured by a screw (and probably one on the other side).

The bottom contraption is likely to drain the bowl (Winter storage etc.)

not sure how it is secured, but it is a fuel shut off solenoid

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
To get the fuel shut off solenoid off, you need a thin 1/2'' wrench. The solenoid screws in to the bottom. It shuts off the fuel going into the main jet. Dealers will tell you to shut small engines off wide open. If you shut off while idling, fuel is still pulling in through the pilot jet and can cause backfire. However i can never bring my self to shut anything off wide open. I always let it idle for a little bit. 2 screws hold the bowl on

Looks like the bowl itself is secured by a screw (and probably one on the other side).

The bottom contraption is likely to drain the bowl (Winter storage etc.)
Screws like that are common on motorcycle carbs. And yea there's another one on the other side.

There's usually a gasket between bowl and body. Also on some when you remove the bowl the float, needle and pin can fall out of the bowl- they're held in place when the bowl is in place.

To all that is just a random pic of the type of carb (I think) I was just asking before I have to roll up my sleeves and search (I would like to know what to look for ) ;)

The solenoid has no wires going to it. I think the person I got the machine from is just using it to hold the bowl on .
IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

Last edited:
The inteks have a funky bowl/float setup. There’s a complex o-ring inside and a weird plastic float system.

Also on the interstate, they are notorious for sucking dirt around the intake. Where the cover goes over the round tube, make sure the o-ring is good and put grease on it. Also put grease on the air filter seal. You can always tell they are sucking dirt. They won't hardly crank over to the dirt wearing the valves. You have to adjust the valves more frequently.