Interchangeable chimney parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailorman3

Sep 15, 2016
Newfoundland
Good Day
Selkirk makes several different brands of chimneys. Where I live I can only get a Supervent line at my local store but the chimney I have in my home is Sentinel. I can also get Selkirk about a 3 hour drive away. These chimneys are all made by Selkirk, all look the same and can all be fastened together with their interlocks. Can they be used together? Thanks in advance.

Good Day
Selkirk makes several different brands of chimneys. Where I live I can only get a Supervent line at my local store but the chimney I have in my home is Sentinel. I can also get Selkirk about a 3 hour drive away. These chimneys are all made by Selkirk, all look the same and can all be fastened together with their interlocks. Can they be used together? Thanks in advance.
Call selkirk and ask them. They will be able to tell you.

I know Selkirk Ultra Temp, SSII, SS, and Sure Temp, are all interchangeable, NOT Super Vent, that one is not interchangeable Tech Support - 800-669-3190

I know Selkirk Ultra Temp, SSII, SS, and Sure Temp, are all interchangeable, NOT Super Vent, that one is not interchangeable Tech Support - 800-669-3190
I believe those are all Sold in the US brands. The ones I quoted are sold in Canada. I called the Canadian tech line already with poor results. They look the same and can be twist locked together so I'm going to use the parts I can get anyway. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.