Interested In Tree Climbing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad101

Sep 9, 2009
Erie, MI
Everybody has to start somewhere; if I knew how to climb trees, I would have an endless supply of wood.

Every time I post a "wanted" on Craig's List, I get flooded with responses from home owners (mainly dead Ash!!). But, I have to weed though 20 to 30 emails before I find something that can be safely cut down from the ground.

Finding a location to practice is not an issue. My problem is I have no idea where seek instruction. I don’t know what gear to buy or how to use it.

Short of quitting my job and seeking work with a tree service company; I cannot think of a way to learn/master this trade. I would prefer to hire an experienced instructor, but if you know of any videos, books etc, I would appreciate it.

Climbers are worth big money and the reason I am good at felling is I am affarid of height....not kidding but here a sight that even has an area for new climber.
http://www.arboristsite.com/

Oh and if you learn to climb well someone else will cut and stack your wood for you!

Baileysonline.com has some starter kits for climbing. It includes all the necesary gear in 1 kit for 1 price. They have different levels at different price points. Something to look at and daydream.

Status
Not open for further replies.