Interesting article

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How true. I wouldn't have it any other way, and like the author, I somewhat skirted the (by)law regarding the stove installation. It is installed at code or better, and I had it WETT certified and also cleared with my home insurer. But if I told the town, I would have had to have my sunroom electrically or NG heated (and all the hoops I would have had to jump through to attain that) as in my jurisdiction we are not allowed to heat primarily with wood heat. But it's only a sunroom, not a primary living space.

Interesting article. Thanks.

Nice read. I too wouldn't have it any other way. Wood heating is a choice and not a need for me. Though I'm glad I don't have the soot on walls and glass as stated in the article. Dust yes but not smoke or soot.

Enjoyable read. She needs at least one modern, air-tight stove. When I'm away, my wife can build up and bank a fire before she leaves at 7:00 am and still have coals when she gets home at 6:00 pm.

Nice article. Thanks for sharing that. She and hubby need to switch over to a boiler system sometime. Then they would have a nice even, constant temperature, long burn times, plenty of domestic hot water from the wood heat, no cold mornings, etc. Take 2-5 years to pay for itself, depending on system, but after that it is smooth sailing with the savings.

Excellent article. I kept waiting for the shoe to drop and all the negative stuff come out, but it never did. A very honest assessment of a life well lived. Wood heat is a choice, and I don't know many that are sorry they ever went to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.