Interesting Discovery With Stirrer Stove ( Countryside Magnum)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drizler

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Chazy, NY 12921
Busted my stirrer on a humongous clinker so oh well wasn't going to weld it that night. Next morning it wasn't running badly nor was it the next afternoon. I had pulled the stirrer and noticed that the fire burned as well or better. Now 4 or 5 days later I discovered my initial find was true. Best of all its so damned QUIET. Every day I just pull the clinker out of the pot and rake off the debris on top. No more ash flying all over the place either. That's interesting for sure. At least for the moment I see no reason to bother replacing the stirrer. If anything it runs better since mine was one of the series that they did away with the blower adjustment and I have to spoil the draft to keep it from burning out on low settings. Nice discover overall, a little early to judge but so far so good. A slight mix of wood pellets seems to keep the clinker from forming so most debris ends up in the under pan. Nice discovery I thought it would be worth passing on. If anyone finds a grinder stove too noisy this is definitely worth checking out before desperate actions.

As a matter of fact, many of the new magnum stoves no longer have a pot stirrer. It simply wasn't found to be necessary.

Good find though!

Status
Not open for further replies.