Interesting pellet boiler oppotunity for someone.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
There is a major European manufacturer starting a program here in the US and Canada and I have been asked to facilitate a pilot program for them here in the Michigan/Great Lakes area. (Also available in other states) They are fully committed to establishing themselves in the North American market and I feel they are here for the long haul or I wouldn't be posting this.Their business plan is to start with the pellet product and within a year or two have the full line over here including wood gasification, multiple coil storage tanks and hydronic solar panels. They have been working on getting ready for the North American market for about 3 years so these are not Euro spec units. On going support will not be a problem.

The boilers themselves are premium quality models with programmable control and are fully modulating, feature automatic cleaning and automatic ash removal. < the way they do that is pretty cool.
I have personally inspected this piece of equipment and the design and build quality is very robust to say the least. Comparable to any of the major Euro labels.

While there are some minor details being worked out yet the program basics are pretty simple.

*There will be only 2 or 3 available on this program.
*The purchaser will receive a discount on the boiler price of at least 20% based on the preliminary numbers I have seen.
*We (Drew and I) will do the actual installation at your location
*We will have to be selective on the application as there is only one size available at the discounted price.
*We would like to find someone with a hot water based system for one and a forced air system for the other in order to generate feedback for both types.
*The company would also like these to be used for domestic hot water production.
*The owner would have to agree to allow time to time inspection and monitoring of the equipment and be able to record pellet usage.
*The boiler will have to be installed and operational by the end of November at latest.

The company is doing this in a number of states so contact me even if you are outside my normal area of operation.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in contact me here via a pm or 231-920-4808.

20% seems like a light discount for free R&D/Pilot/Beta testing. But a cool opportunity for someone, nonetheless.

20% seems like a light discount for free R&D/Pilot/Beta testing. But a cool opportunity for someone, nonetheless.

20% at minimum is what I was told. Like I said, details are being worked out yet and the $$ amount is one of them. $1500-$2000 is nothing to sneeze at. At least not for this humble HVAC guy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.