Interesting read

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year Hamers Elkin mill burned in a fire. I read about the Strong plant. But didn't hear of the others at Corinth or Northeast fires.

I wonder how many other mills have had fire issues?

I know NEWP has had a few minor fires inside the pellet mills. Not the factory but the machine that makes the pellets.

Do the fires at those mills translate to higher pellet prices or does this just position the remaining mills to have larger sales?

Topshelf said:
Do the fires at those mills translate to higher pellet prices or does this just position the remaining mills to have larger sales?

Hopefully, it pushes those mills to take a closer look at their fire prevention/ fire protection / loss prevention programs. And, BTW, I specialize in those fields, if anyone needs a consultant.

Status
Not open for further replies.