interesting story regarding OWB on NPR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they "asked" them to shut down their boiler? I am really not surprised though as some of those OWB's never seem to do anything but smoke. I guess the big question is if the neighbors who had the "offending" OWB will be able to use a more efficient unit or will the local administrators choose to impose regulations that make that close to impossible? People who buy and use these units without regard to their neighbors are playing right into the hands of the oil companies they are trying to avoid. (and the rest of us are going to have to pay more to play).

Meh :/

There's always going to be one turkey trying to pass itself off as a peacock.

Being a bad neighbour manifests itself in many, many ways as has been discussed. Personally, I think people whine and sue each too often these days because they get packed too close together. Every time one of my neighbours on the lake has put their cottage up for sale, I've bought it. Solved a lot of headaches. Now I personally know the lady who owns the buildings on each side of me and while she can be a real grump sometimes things have mellowed out since we have a policy of not going to bed mad at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.