Interesting stove on CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geoxman

Feeling the Heat
Jan 26, 2010
STL City
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/atq/2966357319.html

I thought this was interesting?? There is no air control and I can't figure out the cylinder front. I am assuming it was some sort of coal stove but as I stated there is no under fire air. No I am not interested in the stove it just puzzled me.

I like it, nice looking stove. It looks like the loop shaped handle on the ash lip might be an air control that may move sideways. I's also guess coal. - early Jotul?

It's a beautiful piece but doesn't look like a very effective shape for coal to me.

Think of this as a parlor stove. A small area heater that is good for heating tea water.

Not a coal stove without a shaker grate and no secondary air. Looks like the air comes in at the base of the cylinder portion? I'm guessing the cylinder part is perhaps a water tank for heating water? Kinda neat anyway...

fanman I think you might be right on with the cylinder because of the hole in the grate. I just thought it was an interesting antique stove

that stove was worth alot more then $100 bucks (foolish people! LOL) I bet its long gone in like 5 seconds at that price?

its a legit antique (made in Europe), bread oven and two top burners (one for warming, one for boiling), the combustion chamber is surly for chunked up wood. A great find for the lucky devil who got it!

great guess from the member who said an early Yodul , but this is not a Yodul (this is the type of European Design Yodul based many of their models after though) .... this one is the real macoy hahaha...

I don't know if I would pay more than scrap prices for that stove, I can't see too many uses for it for me. I still can't see how the air enters the firebox through the cylinder?? I just found the stove interesting and I had never seen one. good luck

Must have sold? By the time I went to look it was deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.