Interesting stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kachelofens are common in parts of Europe. Some are much more grand. That Weso is in primo condition. If I lived in CT I would definitely be considering it. Weso is a large old German firm.

http://www.weso.de/en/history.html

Kachelofens are common in parts of Europe. Some are much more grand. That Weso is in primo condition. If I lived in CT I would definitely be considering it.
Agreed. I have seen several variations of this stove while searching and this one is in, seemingly, great shape. This is the first one I've seen that I have liked.

Ugh-leeeeee.

Though 'tis modest and charming compared to what else you'll see if you check out Kachelofen on Google Images. As for the Craig's List one, kinda resembles the alter where I took Communion last Sunday (tho Fritz and his brochure honey sure seem to be enjoying their shiny new kachel; I miss the 70s).

Wow this guy lives pretty close to me. I was in a house heated by one of these in Budapest last year and they seem to work really well. If I had the space for this I would be all in.

Wow, what a neat stove.

Does look interesting.

That's a cool stove, but personally I'd stick with a newer EPA stove with either secondary burner tubes or a cat. Too much progress made in modern stoves to give it up for a nostalgia deal.

I don't see burn marks in his carpet. I doubt he uses it much. It's funny how his bio bricks put out more heat than coal too.

Matt

Reactions: firebroad
Status
Not open for further replies.