Interior Insulation for Whitfield Renaissance Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minch

Jan 9, 2009
A mouse turned all of the insulation in the inside back (mechanical area) of a Whitfield Renaissance Pellet Stove into a pile of insulation pieces.

I suspect the insulation was like the stuff up top - white in color, about an inch thick.

I noticed this when the pellet storage area seemed a bit too warm. I just installed this stove that a friend gave me.

What do I need to order to replace the insulation? Any good sources online?

Can you use pink fiberglass insulation that you install in walls? Or is it coated with something undesirable to make it stay together?

Thanks!

M

PS - These forums are great! Lots of good discussions.

I found the answer.

Looks like I need one inch thick ceramic wool like kaowool. Now that I know what to search for, I see my options.

minch said:
I found the answer.

Looks like I need one inch thick ceramic wool like kaowool. Now that I know what to search for, I see my options.

Well, there ya go, then. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.