Interior window clearance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomerobot

Aug 8, 2013
Boston, MA
I'm considering having a direct vent gas stove installed and I know that the vent itself has to be placed a certain distance from any windows/doors — but are there typically any regulations for how close the edge of a stove can be to a window?

For example, If my stove calls for a 6" clearance from a wall - would 6" from a window on that same wall be acceptable as well?

My installer will tell me for sure, I just want to know if there are any issues to consider before I even get to that point.

Thanks!

I'm considering having a direct vent gas stove installed and I know that the vent itself has to be placed a certain distance from any windows/doors — but are there typically any regulations for how close the edge of a stove can be to a window?

For example, If my stove calls for a 6" clearance from a wall - would 6" from a window on that same wall be acceptable as well?

My installer will tell me for sure, I just want to know if there are any issues to consider before I even get to that point.

Thanks!

6" clearance from a window will not be an issue as long as the curtains are clear. I've installed UNDER windows in sun porches with no issues...

Reactions: Heatsource
Status
Not open for further replies.