INTERMITTANT FEED MOTOR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2005SantFe

Jan 17, 2012
Central PA
Been having trouble with Sante Fe not starting. Found the the feed motor was not kicking in upon start up. If I tap on it or even just close the hopper lid hard it will start. Added new capacitor after checking some posts on here. That hasnt solved my problem. Bad feed motor? Bad control unit? Any help is appreciated!

On a side note......auger motor will work for a day or two, then quit. Off and on problem, hard to diagnose!

I'd remove the auger motor and check it all over then bench test it with a power cord if it worked consistently in that situation I'd reinstall it and look for a loose connections (those slip on setups never left me with a good feeling been more than once where they didn't really make a solid connection) when it was in the wiring of the stove.

If it doesn't work in the bench test get yourself one that does ;-).

Check vacuum switch also. Maybe blow out the rubber hose. Take hose off of vacuum switch and blow into hose (blowing in hose toward stove).

Check all conections. Spade terminals can be picky.

Also make sure it is not the auger slipping on the motor shaft.

The set screws have been know to loosen.

---Nailer---

thanks for the advice....will check (maybe replace) spade connections. Also will check vacuum hose, though I have done that in the past. I dont think the auger is slipping as I have reached in and put my finger on the shaft.....when I tap on the motor or 'bang' the hopper lid, it starts turning. That was my reasoning for replacing the capacitor, figured it needed that extra jolt to get it going.

will work on some checks tomorrow....back to work now!

thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.