Interstate Auto Transport

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
My mother in law is moving from NY to AZ. She wants to ship her car. Her household mover offered to arrange shipping. The mover worked with a broker to make arraignments. The shipper, or possibly broker, that she was working with has become problematic and unresponsive to calls or email. We are now trying to help her out, but all our googling gets more of these brokers. Does anybody here have experience with a reputable auto transporter that you would recommend?

Don't know about any auto transports but when we moved here from Texas we put one of the cars in the moving van with the furniture.

Grabel was the moving company and did a hell of a job.

Her moving company did not offer to do that. I do remember hearing about people moving their cars that way years ago. Maybe movers don't do that anymore.

Cars are still shipped with house hold carriers. I have friends still in the biz. Reliable used to be very good. I knew a few of there drivers and can attest to their abilities.

Check with the Rail companies, many snow birds ship by rail when the come & go to Fla. Not sure about west service but it may be worth checking.

If someone has the time, it would probably be more cost effective to drive it there for her and fly home.

Reactions: ScotO
You can try checking out uShip http://www.uship.com/ I had real good luck with them getting a modest sized shipment of stuff down to my daughter in Albuquerque. When I needed a vehicle moved from Denver to Fairfax Virginia years ago, I found an independent guy in the ads section of Hemming's Motor Week and we did the deal. I was very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.