Intrepid I 1982

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellaroxy1

Nov 20, 2013
UK
Hi, I have just moved into a property in the UK with an intrepid I stove. I was lead to believe this is a wood burner but on cleaning out the fire, I have recovered some anthracite debris alongside chimney debris++.

Q1 how can I tell if this is a multi fuel stove?
Q2 has anyone any operating instructions they can email to me? The one I can find on this forum stops at page 8 and the operating instructions start on page 10!
Q3 does anyone know where I can obtain replacement gaskets?

Thanks

Hi Stellaroxy1

Q1 usually the grate is different and can be shaken for ash.

Q2 i have a set of instructions for vermont castings early stove and it includes the intrepid. it is in two sections page 1 thru 8 and 9 thru 15. throw me you email address and i'll send them over.

Q3 i'm not sure about the uk but here in the us just a trip to the stove shop or hardware store.

The unfortunate thing is the manual that i send you does not have a picture of the coal grate. maybe someone here can send a picture to you or post it. if there is no grate in it it is for wood.

and welcome to the forum

frank

Many thanks

[email protected] for the info. There is a grate in the stove so I'm assuming it's a multi fuel.

Hi Stellaroxy1

Q1 usually the grate is different and can be shaken for ash.

Q2 i have a set of instructions for vermont castings early stove and it includes the intrepid. it is in two sections page 1 thru 8 and 9 thru 15. throw me you email address and i'll send them over.

Q3 i'm not sure about the uk but here in the us just a trip to the stove shop or hardware store.

The unfortunate thing is the manual that i send you does not have a picture of the coal grate. maybe someone here can send a picture to you or post it. if there is no grate in it it is for wood.

and welcome to the forum

frank

Status
Not open for further replies.