Intreresteing find

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ggans

Oct 11, 2009
Michigan
I cut down a Honey Locus tree. Some time in the past a branch was cut off. The tree grew around it as it got bigger. When i split it I found the old branch..

Attachments

• IMG_4047_2.jpg
    IMG_4047_2.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_4048_2.jpg
    IMG_4048_2.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 264
Cool! I guess they must have pruned it right for it to grow over with so little rot. Not sure how honey locust is for decay resistance, but I suppose it was in a yard and growing fast enough that it healed up fairly quickly.

That sure beats finding steel.

You will find lots of those in city trees. I had a large Burr Oak that was full of them and made it a major pain to split.

Todd said:
You will find lots of those in city trees. I had a large Burr Oak that was full of them and made it a major pain to split.

x2, see it in a lot of the city trees I've scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.