Introduction and a Haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedminster, north of Somerville.
You guys got it bad Bedminster/Warren/Bernardsville/Watchung. I have seen entire hillsides flat during my tours through there.

Here is an update on our haul since Sandy. Picture doesn't do the actual amount we have justice..

84CBE0E0-DFB5-4BBF-AF58-B69824240E59-10203-00000AABD8A29E41_zpsea9fc3eb.jpg

Welcome, Gripptide! Great saw, lots of good firewood right there too. Big tree sure looks like poplar to me. I think I see a couple maples and also a locust or two in there. Either way, as Sav said, be careful cutting that rootball off. Keep everybody clear, and watch your kerf while passing through the log with your saw. When you see it start to go, get back out of the way.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Welcome to the forum GT! Great pics! Unfortunate way to get firewood but good that you're making good use of it ;)

Ray

Thanks for the ID. If i could only get tbuff to help me split like his kid uses that chainsaw!!!!

Just sayin, that I'm not the one in the picture standing there with my hands on my side while TBuff unloads 40- 25" locust rounds.... Just sayin...

You guys got it bad Bedminster/Warren/Bernardsville/Watchung. I have seen entire hillsides flat during my tours through there.
Just a sampling of my yard.

Attachments

• Double front trees.JPG
    Double front trees.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 147
  • double gate monster.jpg
    double gate monster.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.