Invincible airflow help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOC, did you ever find a solution. I am having the same exact problem with my '93 Invincible T. I have cleaned every possible spot for obstructions and replaced my combustion blower but I still see the air wash vents wide open and the burn pot vent barely open.
The problem I found with mine was I tried to hard to really seal the unit up air tight like using weather stripping on the hopper lid seal. adding more silicone sealant to the feed adjuster cleanout plate. It just wasnt designed to be that air tight. the motor is only 70 cfm so its very small so too much drag will only choke the burn. I removed the cast iron panels that house the windows on each side and did seal around the cork gaskets with high temp silicone and also replaced the window gaskets. I get much cleaner burns but still see evidence of an air leak on my door gasket. Regular monthly burnpot removal and vac keeps it going pretty good. Oh and make sure your esp sensor is pushed in all the way and only tighten just slightly more than hand tight. I found after a cleaning I had not pushed it in all the way and the compression ring had slid up the sensor so it felt like it was pushed in when it wasnt.

Reactions: Tim_M
The problem I found with mine was I tried to hard to really seal the unit up air tight like using weather stripping on the hopper lid seal. adding more silicone sealant to the feed adjuster cleanout plate. It just wasnt designed to be that air tight. the motor is only 70 cfm so its very small so too much drag will only choke the burn. I removed the cast iron panels that house the windows on each side and did seal around the cork gaskets with high temp silicone and also replaced the window gaskets. I get much cleaner burns but still see evidence of an air leak on my door gasket. Regular monthly burnpot removal and vac keeps it going pretty good. Oh and make sure your esp sensor is pushed in all the way and only tighten just slightly more than hand tight. I found after a cleaning I had not pushed it in all the way and the compression ring had slid up the sensor so it felt like it was pushed in when it wasnt.
xNOCx, thanks for the response. Your findings are pretty consistent with what I am finding. It seems that no matter how tight we can get the stoves, 70 cfm is still only 70 cfm.

Thank you for the info. that is the exact one I purchased. if you ever need to replace it FASCO A082 and it includes housing, fan, motor etc.

xNOCx thanks for the FASCO pn. ordered it normal ground next thing I know UPS is knocking on my door 2 days later. installed and back online. only 3 days of downtime. just became a member some awesome advise in this forum.

I cleaned my stove, many times over now. I have checked Every nook and cranny and cleaned them all, My problem is the 2 vents on the side (the secondary air) is pulling more air than what is coming through the burn pot, the thing burned good an clean when these were plugged with ash from the previous owner but since I got them cleaned out I have had tall flames that touch the top of the burn box and when ash builds up on the burn pot the flames start to get lazy. I have replaced the door gasket and checked the glass gaskets but no luck, I have pulled the burn pot off multiple times and the air path and pot are clean as a whistle. visual inspection of the dampers on the sides are wide open and the damper for the burn pot is only open 1/4" maybe a little less. if I plug the side inlets the fire is still tall but very active but the glass gets dirty within a few hours. HelP!

Just a little more info for you, checked all holes in burn pot and they are clear. thought problem was the combustion blower and replaced (old one was getting noisy anyways), also cleaned the vent pipes.

Hey NOC, this an old post, but how did you remove burn pot from this Invincible T pellet stove? I've taken the two left/right bolts off, but the burn pot is still solidly attached to the auger feed shaft. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.