Irene keeps on giving!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
I was riding my bike when I saw a pile of Black Locust sitting on the curb. This a real treat for us down here as BL doesnt really grow here.

The leafy stuff is the BL covered in a vine, the rest is all red oak, and white oak with a little maple and pecan mixed in. The pile of quarters is about 4ft tall, and is one quarter of the rounds from that tree with the 260 in the pic.

Now if only trees would split and stack themselves...

Attachments

• irene.jpg
    irene.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 309
  • irene2.jpg
    irene2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 267
  • irene3.jpg
    irene3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 273
If you get enough motion going...you can keep it going by spilting mine...

That my friend is a beautiful thing!! Great score!

Ray

Great score and I also like your new avatar Remmy.

Finally got you some black locust eh..great stuff hot burns, shortish seasoning. I dont think it smells the best, but who cares. I threw a piece or two in the other day to see how 9 months splits were doing, and well.

Second note, i noticed the bark burned slowish,more like charred to ash. Trapped moisture or just the way that really deep think bark burns? I new stuff i have been trying to split it off from the get go.

@ Sav - Stole the avatar from clip art, but figured it was time to get something on there, one day when Im doing work with a partner (other than my dog) Ill get a real pic

@Stump - I got a BL tree last winter and its been split and stacked since Jan, so im looking forward to that this year. Going to to keep it till the coldest months and try and let my oak and cherry sit for a while. Next time Im up your way Ill put my work in on the "farm". Your sister can handle the chickens.

Looks like we might have our first burn of the year this friday!

She cold already or just itching?

Depending on holidays we should try and make it down there. Id give you enough time to rent a splitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.