Iron Horse Electric Splitter In Action!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if that was oak being split?

hi,
that was my video and as far as i remember it was all oak.

regarding holding the two levers with one hand, i rarely see the need? i know i've done it once or twice if i need to steady the wood for some reason but usually the wood stays right where i need it.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but it seems to fit my question.

Mr 2nd's Bargain Outlet (Grossmans) is selling this exact model for what sounds like a nice price of $249. My only concern is bending over constantly.

Has anyone found a way to mount this higher on perhaps some saw horses, or perhaps on some chopping blocks?

dac122 said:
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but it seems to fit my question.

Mr 2nd's Bargain Outlet (Grossmans) is selling this exact model for what sounds like a nice price of $249. My only concern is bending over constantly.

Has anyone found a way to mount this higher on perhaps some saw horses, or perhaps on some chopping blocks?

Small table. Go on google video and search under electric log splitter. they have a video or two with the little electric ones on tables.

You can sit on a bucket. Then if a supply of rounds are on one hand, the splits can go to the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.