Ironwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We had one ironwood down in the same area has the beech which is in the first picture, after bucking that up we moved up top and grabbed another ironwood then came home and stacked it.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1841.jpg
    100_1841.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 100_1844.jpg
    100_1844.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_1845.jpg
    100_1845.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_1848.jpg
    100_1848.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 100_1849.jpg
    100_1849.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 220
Zap,

I think you have too much ironwood. Better cut some more quaking aspen to balance it out! :lol:

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
Zap,

I think you have too much ironwood. Better cut some more quaking aspen to balance it out! :lol:

Matt

Matt once I fill that with ironwood thats a possibility, we have two or three trees that are down that I need bucked up so I can get the rhino in that area.

zap

Those are nice, neat stacks, but it looks like you're stacking in the shade. do you think the shade slows down the drying?

Wood Duck said:
Those are nice, neat stacks, but it looks like you're stacking in the shade. do you think the shade slows down the drying?

Wood Duck, since I was running out of room my goal is get it stacked and then move it in the spring when a good area (north side) opens up.

It does get sun and plenty of wind. I have almost three cord stacked on the south east side which will get moved in the spring then become a holding area again.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.