IS $10 to much for a pack of 6 liberty roll pins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lopiliberty

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2011
WV
Emailed my dealer this morning and just got the response the pins are in stock and cost $10 for 6. With my dealers reputation I would have thought that what it was going to cost for one. Wonderfull dealer and has been for the past 19 years I have dealt with them but they are know to be a little on the high side. I rather have extras in case the one that was worked itself out some decides to fall out completely

Had the same issue on my Lopi, and I headed down to Lowes and picked up 6 or so for a couple bucks. (They are a little longer than the originals, but I'll be dammed if I am going to have to drive an hour to the dealer for a few overpriced roll pins)

They hold the secondary air tubes in place.

Check your local hardware store for the equivalent size pins. I'm guessing under 50 cents apiece.

Roll pins being the hardened steel that they are will probably be pretty universal. I agree, go down to your local hardware store.
(thanks for the application BroB)

Status
Not open for further replies.