is $200.00 a good deal for a husky 272

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
lady at works husband passed away and she is selling all of his tools and i mentioned i'm in the market for a chainsaw

she said she found a husky 272xd that was used once- i offered her $200.00 - do you think this is a fair deal as i can't seem to find anything about this saw

Lets hope she misspoke and it is a 372XP. You are golden with that price for that saw.

Carpniels

I betcha that carpniels is right! If so, grab that sucker before it gets away. That's an awesome price for that saw!

great thanks very much guys!

i'll keep that in mind :)

It probably is the little known 272XP. A 72cc saw that weighs in at around 13.5 pounds. It ought to be one hell of a saw for $200. I don't know what the deal is with the 272XP. I know they exist and are supposedly still made but Husky does not have anything about them on the U.S. site. There are 272XP's and 272XPG's out there in the wild somewhere.

you're right BB it's a 272xp with a 24 inch bar -

if it runs right it is still a really great saw to have on the side for the very largest of logs you come across.

Carpniels

If she selling it and no one it the family wants it, it fair.

Thanks again BB - just received the saw and it looks brand new - the manual will def. help out

Steve

Photos please! I've never seen this one before, it would help me and maybe some of the others in identifying one down the road. Plus, we all like a little chainsaw p0rn!

Sure - i'll post them up when i get home tonight

with pics

Attachments

• 272xp 001 (Small).jpg
    272xp 001 (Small).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 282
  • 272xp 002 (Small).jpg
    272xp 002 (Small).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 272xp 003 (Small).jpg
    272xp 003 (Small).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 272xp 004 (Small).jpg
    272xp 004 (Small).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 259
you friggin stole that saw! wanna make some money on it? LOL those were great saws,good score.

just a recommendation.if you're going to keep it. i'd replace the fue and impulse lines,fuel filter and rebuild the carb if you don't want to blow it up.saws don't like to sit for a long time.it's not worth anything seized.

Thanks for the tip on the fuel, fuel filter and carb.. honestly i might use this thing a couple times a year at most so i do want it to last a while!

always run it out of fuel then when your done. the new gas we get these days is wreaking havock on carbs after 30 days. THANKS FOR NOTHING EPA!

Hi hornett,

Never noticed anything like that on my Husky 359. Always starts on first or second pull. Even after sitting with half a tank of gas all winter.

So what happened to you?

carpniels

you may get better gas in NY.every state is different.we get crap here in CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.