is $400 for a stihl 440 a bargin?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuco1963

Dec 24, 2010
east central indiana
hi all
is $400 for a stihl 440 a bargin? im power mad with tax refund money and want two stihl chainsaws even though my wife thinks im good at two with my mac 610 and stihl 028 , the same person i got my 028 from has a used 440 and i was wondering if it was a good deal?

If it's in good shape and has been well taken care of, $400 is a good price.

Ou local dealer had the same offer. I thought it'd just been traded in...turns out the previous owner fried the engine, so it was a ebuild...with only a 30 day shop warranty.
I passed. Bought a new 362 instead.

Excellent price if the saw is clean and runs properly. Check eBay and see what 440's go for....

tuco1963 in the great ohio valley said:
hi all
is $400 for a stihl 440 a bargin? im power mad with tax refund money and want two stihl chainsaws even though my wife thinks im good at two with my mac 610 and stihl 028 , the same person i got my 028 from has a used 440 and i was wondering if it was a good deal?

440 and your pretty good for Indiana!

Status
Not open for further replies.