Is any of this Pine?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

learnin to burn

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2008
Southeastern, Pa
I have no clue what this stuff is. I picked most of it up off the side of the road.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 419
  • DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 392
It all looks like firewood and none of it looks like pine.

I agree with LLigetfa "no pine". One looks like bl. walnut the rest kind of a mix of ash and hickory and maybe silver maple.

I think I see Shagbark hickory in the middle pic, White Ash and Balck Walnut in the third pic, and some sort of maple in the first picture. No pine that I see.

You can easily tell pine from the hairy palms and chimney fires! :bug:

madrone said:
Are you looking for pine?

Nope. But figured if there was any there I would give it to my neighbor who burns pine in his OWB all the time.

I like to have a little pine on hand. It's nice to have around for the shoulder season when you just need a quick shot of heat.

If you run your stove right, the pine is just fine to burn in it.

-SF

Well-seasoned pine is as good a firewood as anything else. Pine is about the only wood available in some parts of the country, and has been used as stove wood since stoves were invented. Wet wood and smoldering fires are the source of problems -- not the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.