Is anyone having a problem with a programable thermostat on the Revolution?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strato

Dec 30, 2008
Southern Tier, New York
We have a thermostat hooked up to our furnace--using program 3 & using t-stat, however it doesn't seem to work on the thermostat. Not sure what we are doing wrong--asked dealer, he couldn't tell us anything. Also, everytime the North wind blows the furnace shuts down and the #2 light blinks--anyone having that happen?

A few things come to mind, need more info. My thermostat isn't program, but never mind that.
1. Wires hooked up?
2."doesn't seem to work on thermostat". Do you mean nothing happens? Won't burn? Doesn't control room temp?
3. Program 3, what heat setting?
4. #2 light blinks, means no fire. Have you read your manual? Trouble-shooting guide toward the back.
5. How long have you had the Rev? New install, or new problem w/ previously properly working unit?
6. Have you cleaned it?
7. What sort of set-up? Into ductwork in the cellar? Venting? How big a house you heating? OAK?
Wish I could help more, but need info. Been running mine since 9/08, it's been a learning experience, but it sure does a great job. Not a lot of owners on this board, but I'll help as much as I can. I know how it is w/ no dealer support.

I was having the same issue with the #2 light and the fire going out. Mine had to do with the vacuum sensor. Replaced with a new sensor, but did not fix the issue. Right now, I have bypassed the vacuum sensor and everything is working fine. When I get some time, I will address with my dealer.

Well, maacac, guess he got it fixed or went back to burning oil. If your vacuum sensor is still bypassed, might want to make sure your CO monitor is working. Just my thought.

I still have the vacuum sensor bypassed. It is supposed to get below zero for the next few days, so we will see how this thing really works.

I am going to double check CO sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.