Is galv. duct for a pellet furnace bad?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
Is the heat out of the pellet furnace like Harman pf100 too hot for galv. duct? What do you use?

Furnaces use high CFM blowers much like the high BTU Oil, Propane and Natural gas furnaces.. The higher CFM blower cools more than the low CFM stove blowers. I doubt you will see much higher than 100ºF. You shouldn't see any issues.

We use Galv.

Eric

I used galvanized furnace ducting.

I must be the only one using titanium then....maybe its overkill. Galvi is the norm, and should do just fine.

Delta-T said:
I must be the only one using titanium then....maybe its overkill. Galvi is the norm, and should do just fine.

The scrappers do not know about the titanium?

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Delta-T said:

The scrappers do not know about the titanium?

Eric

shhhhh, they stole all my copper pipes, but no one looks for the Ti.

dmaclaren said:
Is the heat out of the pellet furnace like Harman pf100 too hot for galv. duct? What do you use?

Not sure about the PF100, my Revolution requires the supply air ducting to be rated at a minimum of 250 degrees. Mine is stainless. Check your manual and rating of the duct.

Status
Not open for further replies.