Is IBC dot com dead and gone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGlock said:
blueshawk said:
I think a separate section specifically for corn burning could be worthwhile. Then those who have no interest won't have to be bothered, and those looking specifically for info, help. etc., about corn burning will know right where to go and most posts pertaining to corn burning will be all together for those who want to search previous threads for info. I know when I joined IBC, having just gotten my first ever stove, I had a lot of questions and many of them were answered by just going through the archives.
That will be the biggest shame if IBC doesn't get back online, wish there was at least a way to save all the great info that was already there.

I agree with you blueshawk!!! There was a wealth of information on IBC I sure hope there could be a way to save that data. I know we don't own that data, JA does and he can do what he want's with it if it's still in existance. I really miss the different sections for the stove makes. That was an awsome way to send people to the section they needed to be reading up on. IBC had a section for Harman, Quad, St. Croix, Traeger, etc.. Super way to do it in my opinion!!!!

If IBC doesn't open back up I sure hope Kap will begin visiting this site. He has to be the most experienced Quad mechanic on the face of the earth!!! He would get mad at me making that statement but I hope he does :) and begin posting here and continue helping burners again.

AR

If kap is anything like the rest of us, He'll get the forum blues and need to get his fix. No better place than here for that!

I like the way the manufacture's were broken down at IBC too. But if you use the search and exact stove model. You can find stuff here! If that were to be done here, I say take it one step farther and also braek them down by model too. If you have a quad 1200 have a folder for just that model. Further reduce the searching around in the forum. We might be able to make that work here but web would need lots of help to do it.

If your looking for Kap, try iburnpellets.com. He does check in there time to time. I see he posted there a couple of days ago.

Sting - good to see that you are still lurking around. Did you start looking at baby boiler for the upcoming season yet?

I fired up my PB105 a week ago. Just to work out any possible issues. Glad I did, found one small leak in my soldering that wasn't there last year.

Frankly I like the seeing the corn and pellet mix here, mostly the same stoves and issues..just slightly different fuel...do we start another for sawgrass pellets?
If on the initial posting page there was a checkbox to select the brand of stove related to the post, we could easly group posts by stove type if desired. I miss IBC too!

i would like to welcome all the corn burners here to h.c, they were very helpful to me and my questions on their site....and i am sure they can be helpful here as well. WELCOME ABOARD GUYS(and gals).

Thank You. Found this site by Goggle, Trying to see were the corn site went, I think it done also. I don"t plain to burn corn this season, the gas is cheaper and pellets don't work well with my insert. Next year I plain on retireing so I would have more time to work on it. I do try to keep up on it, so it would be nice to find info when needed.

Former Farmer said:
Sting - good to see that you are still lurking around. Did you start looking at baby boiler for the upcoming season yet?

Lurking -- looking for trouble as always :)

I have not even been in that part of the house yet - but I did look at a pile of fuel in the shed this weekend when I was looking for some other junk -- triple stacked skids are busting and the stacks are leaning - looks like anther imminent disaster.

ARGlock said:
If IBC doesn't open back up I sure hope Kap will begin visiting this site. He has to be the most experienced Quad mechanic on the face of the earth!!! He would get mad at me making that statement but I hope he does :) and begin posting here and continue helping burners again.

AR

I second that! Kap was the one I relied on for straight dope!

Gonna miss IBC, it was the only place I could find other Maxim users on, I would go there for my specific model issues, and here for the boiler/pellet info.
A few posters there stated they don't like it here due some of what was stated above and other issues.
It would be great to see how a just corn room would do here.

rowerwet said:
Gonna miss IBC, it was the only place I could find other Maxim users on, I would go there for my specific model issues, and here for the boiler/pellet info.
A few posters there stated they don't like it here due some of what was stated above and other issues.
It would be great to see how a just corn room would do here.

There was getting to be some good info on the Maxims. I will miss it.

Tim

Glad to see old friends from IBC checking in here. Doing same and remaining optimistic.

Corny

Welcome Corny! I missed the IBC Wiki earlier this week when I replaced bearings in my convection fan. Fortunately I'd written down the info last spring. Sure hope JA can get up and running.

Hey Corny!!!

Great to see you on this forum!! We sure will miss IBC if it doesn't come back to life. I sure learned so much about Corn Burning on that site. I would like to thank JA for his time and effort over the years for keeping IBC up and running. I know computers can be a pain at times!!! I sure hope it can be brought back to life. And a BIG thank you to this forum for welcoming us on board. I had actually joined this forum a few weeks before IBC crashed. I had followed this site and really liked the content and the folks here but never thought about giving up my citizenship on IBC. As someone posted on this forum, us IBC folks are a bunch of "Refugees" :) maybe but we's happy to be IBC Folk :)

Wishing everyone the best this heating season!!!

AR

I echo the sentiments, AR, and thx for the warm welcome. I haven't had a chance to get oriented here yet. Bixby burners will be glad to know that I have retained an archive backup of all material that I published in the IBC WIKI. Also, I see that Quark's Corner repository http://www.scribd.com/Quark's is still active. Best wishes -- Corny.

Welcome corny,

Its good to know the bixby info is safe. That would be of great help to many bixby stove owners. Hopefully you will find a place to make it available again. I also hope you can offer your knowledge here. We may see some of the bixby owner show up here and asking for help.

Thanks for joining us! :)

Thanks, J-T. Always glad to help.

An hour-metre on your pellet burner? Neat! :coolsmile:

Its a long long story corny, But basically its the only way I can see how long pellets burn for my pellets tests. I've gotten lots of flack when I tested NEWP pellets. If you get bored some day check them out. There stickied on the top of the forum. Pellet Forum Sticky Links and its the first post.

Corny said:
Bixby burners will be glad to know that I have retained an archive backup of all material that I published in the IBC WIKI. Best wishes -- Corny.

You were smarter than I - All that Traeger boiler junk I wrote is likely toast!

I no longer possess the intestinal fortitude to write it all crap again and/or drag other kicking and screaming guy around his wet system without being able to point to those old threads .
28w32e.gif

Stick a fork in me too. I like Flips move to try and build a corn stove site - but there wouldn't be much use about stoves.

Hey -- I have an hour meter on my appliance and I just scrounged two SSAC timers to fiddle with my feed system too. But I actually have to go look for the boiler room one of these days, and start angering in fuel to the bins.

Hey! Here's where everyone from IBC has been hanging out! Cool. I do miss IBC. I bet Occam does too, hmmm, perhaps I'll let him know where we all are now?

Or maybe, not...

Actually, I am having a stove/service issue. Does anyone know if Dell Point has closed up shop or something? Normally Claude LaPointe is very responsive, but I've sent e-mails, and left phone messages, and get no response. I had ordered a center ash auger last spring, but they sent the wrong one. He said to return it, which I did, but not until last month. In the meantime, the center ash auger on my stove actually has no auger on it, it's GONE! But strangely, the stove still burns fine and the two side augers seem to remove ash without problems.

Mark

Hey Mark!

Good to see you found us. The IBC "Refugees" :) I haven't heard anything about Claude closing but I don't really do much business with him as of yet. That's strange about your auger. Surely he will respond soon.

Welcome Mark,

Glad you dropped in! We have a member here named franks. He's our Dell Pointe go to guy. Send him a PM. He might have info on Claude, But word is he's busy getting stoves prepared to ship over sea's. franks can help if you need to purchase parts. But if its a warranty thing? He might be able to get info to Claude for you.

Enjoy your stay.

mddorogi said:
Hey! Here's where everyone from IBC has been hanging out! Cool. I do miss IBC. I bet Occam does too, hmmm, perhaps I'll let him know where we all are now?

Or maybe, not...

Actually, I am having a stove/service issue. Does anyone know if Dell Point has closed up shop or something? Normally Claude LaPointe is very responsive, but I've sent e-mails, and left phone messages, and get no response. I had ordered a center ash auger last spring, but they sent the wrong one. He said to return it, which I did, but not until last month. In the meantime, the center ash auger on my stove actually has no auger on it, it's GONE! But strangely, the stove still burns fine and the two side augers seem to remove ash without problems.

Mark

Welcome to the forum Mark to contact Claude you might try http://www.paromax.ca/index.php?lang=en .

Thanks Smokey, I've used that link already, e-mail and phone. I assume Claude has been very busy or something. I will keep trying! I remember Franks from IBC, good to know he's around here in case I really get stuck.

Mark

Another IBC refuge here. I go by burnsalot on IBC. I decided to go by fuelfarmer now because that is what I use on a few other forums, and in addition to burning home grown grain we also grow oil seeds and produce biodiesel on the farm. So fuelfarmer just fits better now. Maybe forums should have an "in case of site failure" meeting place. I hope IBC is soon back up, or something is started here more geared to burning corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.