1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Is IBC dot com dead and gone

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Sting, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mddorogi

mddorogi New Member

Loc:
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Hey fuelfarmer/burnsalot, didn't you have those canola fields? I'm remembering those great pics of the fields in bloom...awesome. And, I just bought a 350K mile VW Jetta turbodiesel, been thinking about making my own fuel again! (too many hobbies, too little time...)

Mark

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fuelfarmer

fuelfarmer Burning Hunk

Loc:
    VA
    Mark, yes I had the photos of the canola in bloom. One field got a little air time on a discovery show. Did you make biodiesel in the past?
  3. Turbo-Quad

Turbo-Quad New Member

Loc:
    Illinois
    Looks like this would be a good time for someone to start a Corn burning website? I think there would be alot of traffic.
  4. mddorogi

mddorogi New Member

Loc:
    Ann Arbor, MI
    SideCarFlip was thinking about starting a site. I'd rather IBC come back since all that good content is there, and the structure of the site was quite good, but if it doesn't, Flip seems to have his act together.

Fuelfarmer, I did make biodiesel in the past, just on an experimental basis. Don't know if it would have been ASTM grade, but I think the batch I made was pretty good. I ended up using it to start the stove! (doesn't work that great, Heet gas line antifreeze is what I use now). I would guess that the biodiesel business has to be suffering bigtime, they were building all those giant plants, and then gas got cheap again. But I haven't kept up with it. I have a 30 gallon stainless tank set aside for that "someday project."

Mark
  5. tinknocker

tinknocker New Member

Loc:
    Berlin twp., Michigan
    Hi mark...............tinman here
  6. spoilermaker

spoilermaker New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    Also a i burn corn orphan here. Been a long time lurker here, finally decided to register since the season is about to get under way. Went by boilerman on ibc. Been burning for 4 years now.
  7. FirepotPete

FirepotPete Member

Loc:
    Titletown U.S.A
    Hey everyone, 3rd year burning, also IBC guy when it's working. Have read some over the last couple of years on this site but was easier to find corn burning info on IBC.
    Well maybe they will break off a thread here for us. I to will miss the archived information that was posted there, alot of good info will be lost if it wasn't backed up.
  8. tinknocker

tinknocker New Member

Loc:
    Berlin twp., Michigan
    Hi firepot, tinman here................ibc has been back up and running for about a week now.
    JA needs to change that message on the home page, click on the link in the upper left corner.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.