Is IBC dot com dead and gone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fuelfarmer/burnsalot, didn't you have those canola fields? I'm remembering those great pics of the fields in bloom...awesome. And, I just bought a 350K mile VW Jetta turbodiesel, been thinking about making my own fuel again! (too many hobbies, too little time...)

Mark

Mark, yes I had the photos of the canola in bloom. One field got a little air time on a discovery show. Did you make biodiesel in the past?

Looks like this would be a good time for someone to start a Corn burning website? I think there would be alot of traffic.

SideCarFlip was thinking about starting a site. I'd rather IBC come back since all that good content is there, and the structure of the site was quite good, but if it doesn't, Flip seems to have his act together.

Fuelfarmer, I did make biodiesel in the past, just on an experimental basis. Don't know if it would have been ASTM grade, but I think the batch I made was pretty good. I ended up using it to start the stove! (doesn't work that great, Heet gas line antifreeze is what I use now). I would guess that the biodiesel business has to be suffering bigtime, they were building all those giant plants, and then gas got cheap again. But I haven't kept up with it. I have a 30 gallon stainless tank set aside for that "someday project."

Mark

mddorogi said:
SideCarFlip was thinking about starting a site. I'd rather IBC come back since all that good content is there, and the structure of the site was quite good, but if it doesn't, Flip seems to have his act together.

Fuelfarmer, I did make biodiesel in the past, just on an experimental basis. Don't know if it would have been ASTM grade, but I think the batch I made was pretty good. I ended up using it to start the stove! (doesn't work that great, Heet gas line antifreeze is what I use now). I would guess that the biodiesel business has to be suffering bigtime, they were building all those giant plants, and then gas got cheap again. But I haven't kept up with it. I have a 30 gallon stainless tank set aside for that "someday project."

Mark

Hi mark...............tinman here

Also a i burn corn orphan here. Been a long time lurker here, finally decided to register since the season is about to get under way. Went by boilerman on ibc. Been burning for 4 years now.

Hey everyone, 3rd year burning, also IBC guy when it's working. Have read some over the last couple of years on this site but was easier to find corn burning info on IBC.
Well maybe they will break off a thread here for us. I to will miss the archived information that was posted there, alot of good info will be lost if it wasn't backed up.

FirepotPete said:
Hey everyone, 3rd year burning, also IBC guy when it's working. Have read some over the last couple of years on this site but was easier to find corn burning info on IBC.
Well maybe they will break off a thread here for us. I to will miss the archived information that was posted there, alot of good info will be lost if it wasn't backed up.

Hi firepot, tinman here................ibc has been back up and running for about a week now.
JA needs to change that message on the home page, click on the link in the upper left corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.