Is it a good buy? Please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Coopers

Aug 13, 2013
Dover, PA
Vermont casting radiance vented gas stove. RDVOD Model.
Stove is used.
Guy is asking $1110 and will include the pipes. We offered $800 and he agreed to it.
is it a good buy?

Thanks

Last edited:
Could be a good deal, IF it still works. May need to be gone thru by a professional. What year was it manufactured?

Thanks for replying!
The stove does work. Guy claims he only used it handful of times and has no use for it.
Back of the stove (see picture)
is 2002 the year it was manufactured?

Attachments

• IMG_5694[1].jpg
    IMG_5694[1].jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 157
Could be a 2002 model, maybe newer. Tehre may be another tag on it with the year & month of manufacture indicated...
Vermont Castings has chnged hands so many times in recent history, that a LOT of folks are hesitant to recommend
their products, but the Radiance was a fairly reliable unit & very seldom do the older piloted gas units have major issues.
If you go for it & you have a problem, the gas geeks here can probably help you out.
Good Luck!

I've been trying to search the forums and even the internet to get some feedback of current owners of the gas stove with little luck.
The stove would not be our primary source of heat (for the house). We currently have natural gas but we are in the process of finishing our basement and we will require heat in the room. We were going back and forth between a pellet stove or a gas stove.
My husband does not want the maintenance that comes with the pellet stove so he thinks gas stove would be a better option for us.

They are definitely low maintenance.
Dust them weekly, like any other piece of furniture, clean the glass once a year
& make sure there are no bee hives in the vent, when you fire it up in the fall.
That's essentially it.

I just sold our radiance for 850 and it was a 1998 lp model in almost perfect shape. I think you are getting a good deal. Mine had a flame pilot and we left it on all year which eliminated moisture and rust problems inside the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.