Is it an Oslo, ...an F 500, ...one in the same?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinK

Jan 15, 2010
Hudson Valley NY
...just a 'dumb' curious question,
...I recently purchased a used (2003 vintage) "Jotul F 500" stove.
I've looked at a Jotul F 500 "Oslo" in the store, ...and they look identical. Is this simply a name change that occurred after 2003? (...again, ...just out of curiosity : )

Thanks,
Kevin

Yup . . . one and the same . . . the almighty Jotul F-500 Oslo.

...one of the few occasions I simply paid asking price, ...$1000. The stove is in excellent shape/like new, and I liked the fact that it was painted Jotul Iron, it actually looks very similar to the blue-black enamel. It was from the original owner and as well, it came with all the manuals, etc. cleanout tray handle and even a can of the paint (that I already used up ; ). My plan off a minor cleaning ended up being a total overhaul, ...top off and all, ...vacuumed out every nook and cranny.

KevinK said:
...one of the few occasions I simply paid asking price, ...$1000. The stove is in excellent shape/like new, and I liked the fact that it was painted Jotul Iron, it actually looks very similar to the blue-black enamel. It was from the original owner and as well, it came with all the manuals, etc. cleanout tray handle and even a can of the paint (that I already used up ; ). My plan off a minor cleaning ended up being a total overhaul, ...top off and all, ...vacuumed out every nook and cranny.

In the fall I purchased the same stove--about the same year, about the same price in about the same condition. I saw the pics you shared in another thread--good score! Happy burning.

On a similar note, does anyone know when Jotul changed ash handle and baffle designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.