Is it my control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrenalineman

May 7, 2009
central pa
I have a breckwell p23 pellet stove. This winter i burnt three and half ton of pellets with no problem until a couple of weeks ago. The first thing i noticed was on the inside of the stove it was black and kind of greasy and a slight smell of smoke. Then I started to have problems with my convection fan. The voltage would jump all over the place from 70 to 118 and the fan would oscillate. Voltage to the combustion fan is 118 and no problems. The last time I started it after about 3 minutes the convection fan came on high and I went and hit the high fan button and it turned off and then it came on when it regularly should but it was on high and no matter what setting I have it on the fan remains the same speed on high. The fan is supposed to change with the settings. So I assume it is the control board because of the varying voltage to the convection fan?

You will want to check the combustion blower is clean and the air switch vacuum sensor tube is clear.

Pellet Stove Controller Board-Repairman

adrenalineman said:
I have a breckwell p23 pellet stove. This winter i burnt three and half ton of pellets with no problem until a couple of weeks ago. The first thing i noticed was on the inside of the stove it was black and kind of greasy and a slight smell of smoke. Then I started to have problems with my convection fan. The voltage would jump all over the place from 70 to 118 and the fan would oscillate. Voltage to the combustion fan is 118 and no problems. The last time I started it after about 3 minutes the convection fan came on high and I went and hit the high fan button and it turned off and then it came on when it regularly should but it was on high and no matter what setting I have it on the fan remains the same speed on high. The fan is supposed to change with the settings. So I assume it is the control board because of the varying voltage to the convection fan?

Sounds like a board to me. Call your dealer before it is out of warranty.

Eric

adrenalineman said:
I cleaned the combustion blower and the the pipe.
How long is it under warranty? I got it last july.

Read the last page of your owner's manual. Electric component have a one year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.