Is it OK for Roxul to be in contact with insert firebox ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxdave

Burning Hunk
Aug 16, 2010
Kirkland, WA
I'm asking this because I have a Lopi Declaration insert, and it's a very "tight" install, I've got maybe 3 inches of space top, sides and back. I'm planning to insulate up around the flue pipe, which should be fine because I can stuff it up higher in the chimney.

But I'm also interested in insulating the fireplace bricks as well. Of course this would mean that the Roxul would likely have full-on contact with the stove... would this be an issue ? I know the stuff is rated for 2000F so in theory shouldn't be an issue. Does anyone have experience with it being in contact with a stove, or have any reasons for/against my plan ??

Best check with manufacturer. Some can, but I am pretty sure some can't as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.