Is it possible

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KYrob

Jan 8, 2010
KY
to get a cord of firewood in a minivan?

I don't think so. It will bust the springs though. It's only a 1000 lb. load I think.

I doubt it, you obviously could not have any seats in it. 4X4X8 are the dimensions so you would probably have to pack it to the gills. I think you can fit a 4X8 sheet of drywall, etc. but usually the sides are not perfectly straight. If you use the passenger seat you might make it.

I will fill a 2000 cosmetically challenged but excellent running 3.3L V6 powered Caravan with 18 month dry pine/other softwoods if it closes the deal with anyone. Anything heavier than that and the brakes/suspension work would far outweigh the BTUs.

I would put that wood in a trailer, ideally one with brakes, behind the minivan.

A cord of almost any wood is going to exceed your load capacity by a significant margin, so even if it fits you're probably looking at a cord of balsa wood or banboo (dried). I cna put a half cord in the back of my 3/4 ton truck if I stack it neatly and get it pretty high in the middle and if its hardwood it'll sag the rear end pretty good.

A cord of oak is about 5000# IIRC.

A cord of wood is 4 x 4 x 8 feet . . . or 128 squre feet . . . unless the mini van is really a maxi van I would say there is no way you could get a full, true cord of wood in a mini-van . . . even with all of the rear seats pulled out . . . heck it would be a tight squeeze even with the front seats pulled out as well.

KYrob said:
to get a cord of firewood in a minivan?
No way. At least not with room left over to drive it; if it would still move.

Anything possiable in KY. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.