Is my fireplace big enough for the 55-TRPEPI?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moonsalt

Dec 27, 2012
Hello everyone

I want to purchase the 55-TRPEPI at this site, http://www.amfmenergy.com/55trpepi--epa-certified-pellet-insert--2000552000.html, but I am unsure of it being able to fit based on the owners manual. It is kind of vague.

My fireplace measures 34 inches front width and the manual says minimum 36 inches. However, based on the diagram in the owners manual I am unsure if that means total fireplace width or if they are referring to just the firebox.

I find it really hard to believe my fireplace, which is big and old would not be big enough for this model.

Any insight? Thanks guys.

No insight...But the manual shows a minimum opening of 36", so I would look for a different stove. Just my opinion, welcome to the site and good luck!

Look at Page 6. The width of the insert is only 26" Wide X 20" Tall X 26" Deep.

But... its only 21.375" wide inside fireplace X 20" tall X 10" deep inside fireplace

the "Surround" is what seems to be 36".

Contact Mike Holton at Englander. He is there Senior tech and a member here on the Forum (stoveguy2esw is his Screen name here) He will be able to tell you for sure.

Read the text box to the right of the diagram "Minimum Fireplace Dimensions" P.6.

It states that the "minimum" dimensions are for "general reference only".

I stand corrected...It appears the minimum (that's correct, they give a MINIMUM dimension) dimensions mean nothing!!

This is the dumbest thing I have read in an owners manual:

The minimum fireplace dimensions
listed may not apply to your specific
installation and are for general
reference only. Use the unit
dimensions, along with practical
knowledge of how an insert fits into a
fireplace and connects to the chimney
system, to precisely determine if this
insert will work in your fireplace.

biggest question would be if there was room for the circuit board to fit as its mounted on the surround to the right of the stove body. will have to check that based on your measurement. if the board is not "inside" of the fireplace the surround would not be able to be flushed against the face

Status
Not open for further replies.