Is my Harman exception Afterburner getting too hot??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyjohn

Minister of Fire
Mar 29, 2008
southcentral Ct
I have done two burns and have noticed the back chamber glowing red at times.The temp using my infra temp laser gun reads 550+ in the main box and slightly cooler in the back chamber (pointing gun at back chamber glass).In a downdraft system like my stove will the temp be greater in the back chamber?If so!how much?I dont know if im reading a proper temp back there.I have left the air control maybe half way and not closing it more because i wanted a to see if i could get a temp of 600.I do get some staining on the glass and heard that a temp of around 600 would help keep it clean.Can someone help me out?I dont want to over heat my afterburner.

when you see that class in the back glowing red your secondaries are going its ok close the air down some more and your temp will prolly go up... but you will damage it (or run a good chance) if you leave your air open that much when that thing is going red like that...close your air down more

Status
Not open for further replies.