Is Simpson Dura/Plus the 3 layer chimney or 2 layer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit lost in that i was looking at the Selkirk line and the Simpson Line of HT chimneys and was under the immpression that the Dura/Plus was the 3 layer Ht Simpson chimney, but i just talked to a sales person at HomeDepot and he claimed the Dura Plus was the 2 layer HT pipe. He claimed that the line was called Duravent and Dura Plus was the 2 layer chimney. If so what is the name of the Simpson 3 layer chimney?
Thanks....I should know this by now, but I guess i don't, Joe

Hey Joe,

Simpson's original chimney, DuraVent, was triple-wall with air insulation in both cavities. It has been discontinued.

Today, Simpson offers DuraTech, which is double-wall packed with blanket insulation, and DuraPlus, which is triple-wall and has blanket insulation in the inner cavity and dead airspace in the outer cavity. Both are rated to the UL 103 HT 2100 degree standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.