Is Stihl 25" chain will fit my 24 Husqvarna bar?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
Is Stihl 25" chain will fit my 24 Husqvarna bar ? Cant see that they have 24''.

Yes, you have to use a adapter because the bar mount is bigger. I use the 20' bar I had for my stihl 441 on my jonsered 2172. The 25" is what I had also and it was pretty much the same as a 24".

Sorry I totally misread your post. The chain itself probably wont. The stihl is a 63 gauge chain.

Sorry I totally misread your post. The chain itself probably wont. The stihl is a 63 gauge chain.
No, the chain is good gauge, pitch and count wise . It’s 84. 3/8. . 50. It’s a match for the bar I have on it . Except I have 24 bar. The box says 25 on a chain

Last edited:
Weird, never heard of a 25” bar. Oh well, it doesn’t take much to pull a couple drivers out. A decent saw shop should do it for free

Attachments

• 8CA6A51D-6494-4DB6-81BD-DC85DC107DDE.png
    8CA6A51D-6494-4DB6-81BD-DC85DC107DDE.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 156
Huh, never paid any attention to the box before to be honest. I buy everything but the micro chain by the roll . If that chain is a good price and has the teeth you like, buy it. Even if you had to add a couple drivers it shouldn’t cost hardly anything

Will work just fine.
Sometimes you have to watch DL count. Husky usually is one DL count more than Stihl, normally not an issue with a 7 tooth sprocket.